Vasudha Eva Kutumbakam
World Is One Family
“The entire world is one family where all beings are members. There is only one religion that is the primal cause behind this universe. It is truth, that itself is God. Stand united and be cheerful. All else will follow.” – Brahmasree Neelakanta Gurupadar
“No religion or dogma should impede the freedom and growth of the innate HUMANISM in man.” – Jagadguru Swami Sathyananda Saraswathy
A Universal Vision of Humanism
Humanism is the oneness and the uniqueness of pure consciousness that underlies the world: both animate and inanimate. To recognise and realise this truth is to harmoniously co-exist with fellow men, other living beings, Mother Earth and the Universe. Religious and secular dogmas that impede the free unfolding of human nature into Humanism and Universalism must be and shall be discarded into the dustbin of history. The artificial barriers like East-West, North-South, etc., conceived and perpetrated by the petty ego of man will disintegrate when the mankind discovers its true nature.
- Religion is the science that discovers the importance and independence of LIFE in the universe.
- Wealth can be gained, but not LIFE.
- The motto of religion is neither to negate nor to neglect, but to conceive and comfort.
- The role of religion is over when the law of unity is interpreted.
- Universe is the abode of service
- Religion is the essence of universal service